The Credit Union Difference
See why more and more people are making the switch.
Today, many people don’t understand the differences between a traditional bank and a credit union. Yet, when you consider the benefits of credit union membership, it’s easy to understand why our members consider White Eagle Credit Union a more attractive option. Because the difference is clear:
- We’re not here to make a profit. Instead, we exist to serve our members. As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, we don’t issue stock or pay dividends to outside stockholders. So our only loyalty is to our members.
- Our members are owners. Every member of White Eagle Credit Union has equal ownership and one vote - regardless of how much money they have on deposit - so they have an equal voice in electing the volunteer Board of Directors that governs our operation.
- We offer lower loan rates and higher returns. Because we aren’t beholden to outside stockholders and investors, we can return profits to our members through lower interest rates on the loans we provide and higher interest on member deposits. Compare our rates to banks, and you’ll notice the difference!
- We welcome everyone. So long as you live or work in Butler, Harvey or a surrounding county, you’re eligible for membership. It’s easy to join, too, with only $25 needed to open a Share Account. And once you’re a member, you’re a member for life.
- We’re committed to financial education. Not only are we committed to delivering the tools you need to better manage your financial needs, we’re also dedicated to helping you learn how to best use those tools, plan for the future and manage your day-to-day financial life. Education is vital in building good spending and saving habits that last a lifetime, and we’re here to help.
- We’re people helping people. At White Eagle Credit Union, every member counts, and we’re dedicated to helping our members achieve their financial goals. It’s a difference you’ll feel the moment you walk in our door — in the friendly, helpful nature of our team members and in the way they work with you to find the right solutions for your needs. Because at White Eagle, you’re a person — not a number. And we’ll do everything we can to help make your dreams come true.
- We’re here for the communities we serve. Because we’re committed to making White Eagle Credit Union a strong and vibrant force for good in the communities we serve, you’ll find our employees — and often our team as a whole — volunteering time, supporting charitable organizations and helping to make a difference to families and individuals in need.